Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random People's Comments

Ummm Jacara,

Your essay just blew my mind. Your so blunt and ready to attack everything we have in mind that is cool. I love it!!

Restated Thesis:
-Cool is whatever state of mind we're in, in which we define the design it's in.
-The definition of cool is a state of mind in which you compile the material and form to put it in.
(Sorry they suck)

I agree that cool is a state of mind because we have no judge or committee that tells us what is cool or not. If you want to be technical the judge or committee may be your friends and the people you choose to associate with but even then it may not mater to you what they say. I think by us not knowing what cool is exactly makes it even more difficult for us to find our "true selves" because we want to be well liked and known but for unique reasons.

For your next draft I think that maybe you should use some more evidence from some reliable sources such as wikipedia (j/k). You may also find it helpful to talk about an argument that can be used against your thesis and how you would rebuttal. Well that's enough work for right now for me. I look forward to your final draft. Pastaaaaa : )



Nisie Babyyy,

So I think your thesis is saying 2 things. Let me know if I'm wrong but one is that in trying to be cool we follow others paths because there is no individual way to be cool without following the pack. The second is that we follow the pack for our own self benefit not because we choose too.

A revised thesis might be too wordy for both of these together as Andy calls it but here are some ideas:
-In order to be cool we must follow the pack which in turn not only helps us but also others around us because we all influence each other's ideas of cool.
-Everyone's idea of cool have traces of the last person's idea because we need this in order to benefit from society.
-We benefit from following the social trends of cool, which are inspired by everyone around us.
(I think all these are horrible. Sorry)

So based on what I think your essay is about I think that your right in saying we all follow each other's steps. It's kind of like our actions and style influence others whether we like it or not and in the end by just adding your own little twist it suddenly becomes you. This is what makes our identities so hard. We're constantly switching them because we see something else that we likes which inspires us to do something different to ourselves.

I think talking more about what we did in class and the movies we watched. Also maybe some quotes may improve the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment