Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Other Video B/C IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE Messed Up Ours

Sigh. I was the director of our film and though I was no Spielberg I think I did a pretty good job. We'll never know our end result because the tape was "ruined". So all that hardwork is now nothing.

Esther's film about the teacher giving up hope on himself is kind of depressing. I totally understand where they were going with it though. The message to me seemed kind of lost and in my opinion not clearly stated (sorry). I liked the idea of him reminiscing on how his class used to be but I didn't see any other message other than desperation. Which might have been the message.

This is different than the movies we watched in class because this teacher actually gave up. All the other teachers keep going until they reach a break through but this one was so lost in his own sorrow and misery that he just couldn't do it. I also think the students kind of gave up on the teacher because in ours it was also about a teacher lost but the students brought him back up and helped him out. In this one when the teacher walks out the students just let him.

Salvation is the act of protecting from harm or danger. Education is an act that has an affect on the mind. These two don't seem to have the same meaning but surprisingly they can be blended together in a teacher's mind. To educate someone is to teach them things that will in turn help them towards a better future. While giving them a better future because of what they learn you are saving them from a doomed life of poverty and misery. Depending on how good the student ends up is how well you saved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment