Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Your video blew my mind = D

My loverly Chloe,
Hey honey. Just want to start off by saying how much I enjoyed your video. I thought that they by having someone else film you it shows how you really look in other people's eyes. I love that you include your boyfriend playing video games and how you have to wait for him. I see by the computer screen that while you waited for him you were also spending time on facebook. Nonetheless your video was good and I appreciate that you had it up by the time you were suppose to. (Sorry for the delay in mine).

So by the look of your video and sound of the follow up answers I see that while making this video you noticed how digital stimulation is a safe zone away from human interaction for you. For example, train with an ipod in. I think most of America is like this as well and we don't realize it. I also like how you acknowledged that all these things you use on a daily basis and aren't willing to change.

You blocking yourself out from human interaction is similar to what I do when I'm on my ipod or going on facebook to get away from my family. I feel that my video is a lot like yours in the sense that I find my phone and ipod my safe outlet. A lot of America is similar to us in this sense I think because we don't want to socialize with strangers or sometimes even each other so we use items that will distract us and make us seem busy.

I like how you make some connections to how digital stimulation makes you avoid talking to people but what are some alternative views on this (Oh yeaah I'm bringing Kinory's class into this). For example, what would happen if you did talk to a stranger for a couple of stops on the train? How bad would that actually be?

When you talk about avoiding awkward situations or conversations with people I can understand what you mean. I was on the bus the other day and this lady just kept going on and on about something or another and I didn't want to be rude but it was just so weird. I didn't have my ipod on me like a douche so I spent 10 minutes listening to her babble. You saying that makes me know that I'm not the only horrible teenager out there.

Thanks again for completing your video and questions. I hope to see more from you (I definitely will actually). Hopefully we'll learn more about this stuff soon so that we can both further explore other views.
Love you <33333



Hey Conor,
I appreciate how you first show us what your electronic devices are. It's easier that way to know what your doing and what your about.

I don't really know what your thesis would be because you didn't answer the follow up questions but I think your just showing us about how you have them in case you want to use them and they are their for your use.

I have a tv in my room that I rarely use. My cellphone is always dying in the middle of the day because I'm constantly using it. And when I'm grounded I also turn to the tv for more entertainment.

In order to receive more feedback or suggestions try to do the project the way Andy said. I can't really help you develop anything except that you should do it the right way next time.

Your video did make me think about what I have in my room and in my room and we have a lot of electronics everywhere as well.

Thanks for putting up your video. See you in school

No comments:

Post a Comment