Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Familia

Question
Is it mandatory to love your family?

Research
McEntire, Tereasa. "Why Families Should Eat Dinner Together." families.com August 25, 2006: 1. Web. 15 May 2010. .

Families that eat together usually do more because its mandatory not because they want too. This is a magazine article for parenting advice. The author discusses why you should eat dinner together and some reasons why people dn't. Something interesting I read was that she said "children get older and the number of activities they are involved in increases the meals eaten as a family decrease". I thought this was extremely interesting to look at it this way. This is true of course. I know if I come home later than 7, my family usually eats without me.

"Sibling Rivalry." Wikipedia. N.p., May 1, 2010. Web. 15 May 2010. .

This is just about sibling rivalry and describing what it is. They say siblings are usually closer to each other than their parents. Just wanted to check this out before googling more on sibling rivalry.

Ward, Bill. "When to stay together for the children--or not." StarTribune.com February 28, 2010: 1. Web. 15 May 2010. .

This article uses a very familiar saying as an intrduction just tweeked a tad. "Take one for the teens." This caught my attention almost immediately. It says that parents who are "low conflict" whatever that means are advised to stay together for the kids. This to me is very odd because if you are unhappy its not good for anyone in the situation. It also says that kids from divorced parents are 50% more likely to get a divorce than others. That's VERY high.

Vanderlinden, C.M. "How to love your family--even if you don't like them." Hubpages. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2010. .

This website is funny and can help you if you don't like someone in your family. It tells you way to overcome that feeling of not liking them and stuff.

P.S. This is really bad. I think I need to look this stuff up in books because I couldn't find anything like percentages and stuff of what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment