Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Interviews:

Number 1
Yazmin: How many siblings do you have?
Binta: 3.

Yazmin: And what would you say your relationship is like?
Binta: Really close. We eat each other's buttholes.

Yazmin: Do you think loving your sisters is mandatory?
Binta: I don't think you really have to love anyone in your family but you have to have mutual respect. You do grow up loving them however.

Yazmin: What do you think about sibling rivalry?
Binta: Happens a lot more than people realize. A lot of sibling rivalry because mom compared me to her. Resented her for the way mom idolized her.

Binta has a close relationship to her siblings now but when she was younger she wasn't as close to them because her mother would compare them. Loving her sisters doesn't feel mandatory to her because she loves them regardless. The mutual respect she talks about is understanding that even though your family and you should love each other it doesn't mean you have to always see eye to eye. This kind of makes my thesis right because she also says you grow up loving them which is why people think you HAVE to love them.

Number 2
Yazmin: Are you the eldest out of your siblings?
Jace: Yes. I have 1 younger brother.

Yazmin: Do you think your brother looks up to you?
Jace: Yes because I am a good role model. Girls like me, good at sports, smart, I fucks wit Yazmin, and she fucks wit me.

Yazmin: Do you think your brother looks up to you because he has no one else?
Jace: No

Yazmin: Do you think its mandatory to love your siblings?
Jace: It's not mandatory but its natural. It's unavoidable.

Being the eldest you usually have the responsibility of being the role model. By being the role model your siblings automatically look up to you which makes them love you. Jace says that loving your siblings is not mandatory its only natural. This goes back to the same thing Binta says that you grow up loving them.

Number 3
Yazmin: Do you think its mandatory to love your family?
Jacara: Yes.

Yazmin: Why?
Jacara: Because logic tells you that those are the first people in your life and they tell you that those are the ones that are going to be around.

Yazmin: What do you think about sibling rivalry?
Jacara: I'm older than you so I win.

Jacara hits my thesis right on the dot by saying that your family tells you that they are the only ones that are going to be there for you. I think they trick you into thinking this because I have friends who have been there for me more often then my family. By making you think this thy make you believe you have to love them because they are the only ones you can depend on.

Number 4
Yazmin: How do you feel about being a lonely child?
Katherine: I'm glad to be an only child.

Yazmin: What do you think about those stories of siblings who don't talk to one another?
Katherine: I think its sad because you have a blood connection with each other and it doesn't seem to work out. Like what do you when you can't relate to your own family? Its easier for my mom to just focus on me.

Yazmin: Do you think its mandatory to love your family?
Katherine: I think it is.

Yazmin: Do you think that's because society looks at you bad if you don't love them?
Katherine: Yes.

Being an only child Katherine still understands the connection between siblings and thinks it is upsetting when they do not get along. She also agrees that loving family members is mandatory because if not society looks down on you.

Question:
Do you think loving your family is mandatory?

No comments:

Post a Comment